I’ve added this composite sheet to accompany the finished accessory. Please see the previous 2 posts for details of the completed accessory.
Wednesday, 26 November 2014
I realise that I haven’t added the photo of myself working on this project as proof of ID so here it is!
And some more of the turban itself:
I also thought of a few more comments I could have made on the evaluation in that I feel the turban fulfils the concept of working with spirals. the turban itself is spiral in nature, along with the addition of the Chinese Knot. The wrapping of the yarn and the weaving were also spiral actions in the making.
This was a joy to make!
Tuesday, 25 November 2014
Please refer back to my entry for September 3rd where I posted my preliminary designs for an accessory based on the spiralling design ideas I had already worked on or was yet to invent.
I had previously worked out how I would weave my fabric and introduce the plaited / beaded cord which I planned to use to bring in contrasting colourways through the woven fabrics to be used as a head wrap and Chinese Knot.
I realised that instead of making a long narrow woven fabric on the Hand Weaving Loom I would need to make a very wide strip with a short length in order to achieve the lovely longitudinal sweep 0f cords demonstrated on the previous page.
Further details about this and how I planned to make the fabric are set out on the sheet below:
The following sheet documents how I wove my fabric and incorporated the plaited / beaded cords
I then had to think again about the length of fabric required for the Chinese Knot and this is documented below:
Assembly of the turban style headpiece:
I have added the above images again below to demonstrate the texture and colours of the turban more clearly with digital photos rather than relying solely on the printed page.
My strips of woven fabric:
Front view before the addition of the Chinese Knot:
My completed turban style headpiece:
Evaluation, costings and health / safety observations: