Monday 11 March 2019

Chapter 2 revisited

Sian made some suggestions to take a couple of my designs further which I have welcomed. 
I've added the originals research photos and then the reworked samples below.

Sample 2.4
Sian suggested I tear the vertical strips rather than cut them and space them less equally.
I was unable to tear the polythene layers of  my final design so I decided to print a copy of the original at stage b. and tear that vertically and arrange them less equally.




Close up:




I also decided to see what would happen if I tore the strips diagonally, this produced a very satisfying result which better represented the beautiful red sunrise sky. 



Close up:


Sample 2.5
Sian suggested I introduce some light and dark contrast at the bottom of the design; I also decided to try cutting the sample further above the horizon to add definition to the sky. 





I'm very pleased with these results as they better represent the original research photograph


No comments:

Post a Comment