Monday 20 January 2020

More musings re my final design ideas for chapter 9

The brief is to design a non figurative image incorporating sky and water but with a focus on conservation.

 Firstly: 

In my last post I wrote about the repeating the image of my chosen design wondering if that would be acceptable as this wouldn't be following the brief required i.e. to just enlarge the A3 design in its own right.
I'm pleased to say that my tutor, Sian Martin responded by saying that this would an interesting way forward.

This was my original :


And repeated, I was pleased with the rhythm and sense of rolling waves:



And then worked with decorative papers:


I then tried to repeat the design using one colour and three black and white but this didn't result in the pleasing repeat I'd originally achieved :


But with further experimentation I came up with something more pleasing and rhythmic:

First in colour:


And then in black and white which helps to define the textural patterns of the decorated papers:


I feel this represents well the watery effects, rolling waves, power of the wind, sweeping wind  turbine blades. The central spherical shape reminds me of the global image showing patterns of wind and weather shown on my research images chapter 8.1.
I took another look at my collection of descriptive words : global, powerful, replenishing, harvesting, rhythmic, productive and beautiful.
My feeling is that this brings a suggestion of the sweeping turbines, powered by the wind harvesting power whilst reducing greenhouse emissions and thus protecting and replenishing our beautiful fragile Earth.

Secondly

I also queried whether my slightly more figurative shapes might be too contrived but Sian felt this would be fine as the shapes involved are abstract in themselves:



And black and white:

My plan would be to repeat this x4 and suspend each separately.

Decisions, decisions! I have to choose..................


No comments:

Post a Comment