Thursday 5 November 2020

Chapter 3. The autograph book.

 This little book is now 105 years old and is one of my most treasured possessions. /even though autographs books were popular I know we are a family who love journaling. My Aunt left us her memoirs and it is from here that I have been able to resource the photos of my Grandmother. I always keep a holiday sketchbook / journal on our holidays and they are a source of precious moments and memories which may otherwise be forgotten. 

The autograph book is worse for wear : 







I am particularly inspired by the lining of the covers which has a beautiful leaf pattern. I can't help but link this up with the seasonal autumnal changes my Grandmother would have experienced especially the oak leaves. These have become an important element in the design components of the fabric collages.  

No comments:

Post a Comment